Join the Bithiah’s House Team!
Childcare worker will be able to execute the following job duties:
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care
- Prepare meals and organize mealtimes and snacks for children
- Help children keep good hygiene
- Change the diapers of infants and toddlers
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allows children to learn about the world and explore interests
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of parents
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest
- Monitor and facilitate visits with birth parents
- Transport babies to doctor's appointments and court hearings
- Maintain current certifications as required
- Some formal college education is required
- Maturity, stability, high moral standards and sound mental health
- A valid California Driver's License
- At least 21 years of age
- First aid/Infant CPR certification
Bithiah's House is a Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program for infants and toddlers in foster care. Bithiah's House is a 6 bed facility and is licensed for children 0-5 years of age.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker/ Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist exists to assess, identify and carry out a client’s needs and create support plan to help them reach their goals in a trauma informed and culturally relevant manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform an intake study on every child during placement
- Create initial, weekly and quarterly needs and services plan reports
- Ensure that the needs and services plan is trauma informed, culturally relevant, and age and developmentally appropriate
- Facilitate weekly clinical therapy sessions with each child as specified by their needs and services plan.
- Coordinate and collaborate with county social workers as well as contracted mental health professionals
- Obtain, develop and record necessary information to provide appropriate services and a continuum of care
- Ensuring provision of and access to core services and supports
- Provide training to staff to implement core services and supports
- Ensuring that all placements meet the intake requirements set by law and the facility
- Master’s Degree from an accredited or state approved graduate school, as defined by the Department of Education, in social work or social welfare, marriage, family and child counseling, child psychology, child development, counseling psychology or social psychology.
- Licensed by the Board of Behavioral Sciences (LCSW/ LMFT)
- Must have at least 2 years clinical therapy experience working with young children
- Must have at least 2 years social work experience working with a county or government agency
- Social work staff shall be at least 21 years of age.
- Must meet all of the requirements to be employed with short-term residential therapeutic program as required by CCL and DMH.
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Must be able to pass LiveScan clearance
- Valid Driver’s License, Current Vehicle Insurance and Registration
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 /year
- How many years of Clinical Therapy experience do you have?
- How many years of County Social Work experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CPR Certification?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver's License?
- Do you have the following license or certification: First Aid Certification?
- Do you have the following license or certification: LCSW?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?